The lines on your hands can tell a lot about you and your future, even if the whole practice is a bunch of nonsense and human judgment. The lines are completely random, so any story could be made up and not really be consistent.
Why would I want a palm reading? Unless I am sure something detrimental is on the horizon for me, it is a pointless exercise and weird. It would be even weirder for another person to do it, let alone someone I know very closely.
But there is the mysterious woman on my fictional Delta Airlines flight to New York sitting next to me, and she boldly asks to take my palms and try to make out what the peaks and valleys mean. I look at her like she is crazy and this is all bull but she insists so I give in. After a couple of minutes of weirdly sensual palm rubbing, the reader came up with a number of scenarios:
- I’m going to be single for a long, long time but when I do eventually meet someone, my hands indicate a gentle and loving relationship
- My dreams are very irrational, maybe even impossible
- I want to live an exciting life but something is holding me back
- I shy away from the possibilities
- There are two worlds I am trying to live in and balance between, the normal, calm world of blogging and the crazy, outgoing world of YouTube. Shifting gears between both is a supertask (credited to Vsauce).
- The deep creases on my palms indicate that I enjoy a life of quietness and solitude
- I have a love for music, my hands were meant to play the guitar
- The lines indicate I live a relatively stress free life and so will live well into my 70s and 80s or beyond in good health.
By reading the creases on my hands, my purpose in life is being figured out. I will go my own way in life and not have to change who I am just to fit in with others. Okay, so I’m not living the glamorous, wild, and crazy life that many 24 year olds dream about, but at least I am comfortable with who I am as I person.
Actually, this fraud fortune-teller lady doesn’t have to look at my hands to figure out who I am. That is up to me, through my own personal choices in life. She can leave my palms alone or go gaze at someone else’s and make up lies.
In Response to the Daily Prompt: Life Line
You’re on a long flight, and a palm reader sitting next to you insists she reads your palm. You hesitate, but agree. What does she tell you?